Graduate Hooding Registration and Online Ticket Reservations begin March 22.
Graduate Hooding is not a ticketed event, but graduates must register to be in the ceremony and identify their hooder.
Tickets become available by school at 9 a.m. on the following dates:
March 22School of Social Sciences
Graduate Hooding Ceremony
March 23School of Social Ecology
Francisco J. Ayala School of Biological Sciences
March 24Claire Trevor School of the Arts
School of Education
School of Physical Sciences
College of Health Sciences: Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Program in Public Health
March 28School of Humanities
Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
April 3Henry Samueli School of Engineering
Ticketing closes for all ceremonies on Friday, April 14 at 5 p.m.
Ticket reservations for all ceremonies will open in March.
TICKETS ARE REQUIRED for admission to all commencement ceremonies except the Graduate Hooding* & Paul Merage School of Business ceremonies.
*Doctoral and M.F.A. candidates must complete the reservation process to identify their hooders.
Graduates reserve guest tickets online.
- Ticket reservations open at varying times for each school.
- All ticket reservations will close April 14 at 5 p.m. Late reservations will only be accepted based on availability.
- Ticket allocations are only an estimate until ticketing reservations close.
- Final ticket numbers for each school will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Tickets for school ceremonies must be printed electronically by each graduate prior to the ceremony day.
- Online ticket printing is available via Bren Events Center Ticketing starting May 23 at 9 a.m.
- Graduates who previously reserved tickets will receive instructions by email when their guest tickets are available to download.
- Graduates who reserved special accommodation seating for their guests will not download their tickets. Their tickets will be sent directly to them via email.
- Tickets must be given to graduates' guests PRIOR to the lineup time. There will be no further interaction between guests and graduates until after the ceremony.
- Children under the age of 2 remaining on a parent’s lap do not need tickets.
- Tickets are not available at the door and are not held for pick-up.
- Forgotten or lost tickets cannot be replaced.
TICKETS ARE REQUIRED for family and guests attending all commencement ceremonies except the Graduate Hooding & Paul Merage School of Business ceremonies. Individual seat assignments are printed on the tickets.
Accessible seating accommodations are available for guests who use a wheelchair or have restricted mobility.
American Sign Language interpretation services are also available.
Arrangements for these services must be made in advance by each graduate during the ticket reservation process, which closes on April 14.
After April 14, requests for these services must be made via email to the Commencement office.
Starting June 15, requests for these services must be made at the Bren Events Center box office. For your convenience, the box office is staffed one hour prior to each ceremony. The staff of the Bren Events Center will attempt to swap your tickets for appropriate seating, depending upon availability.
Permits are not required for disabled parking, and advance arrangements are not needed. Notify the on-duty parking attendant when you arrive. Please do not contact Parking and Transportation Services.
Disabled/elderly parking for ceremonies held in the Bren Events Center will be located in the Mesa Parking Structure and parking lot 14A. Traffic directors will be available to guide drivers needing accessible parking.
Cart service will be available to and from parking lot 14A and the Bren Events Center. Cart service is limited to the disabled/elderly guest and one family member.
For ceremonies held in the Bren Events Center, disabled/elderly passengers may be dropped off in the turnout area at the upper level of the facility.
Graduates and participants should anticipate heavy traffic and plan accordingly to get to their designated staging area.
Due to safety concerns, please do not drop off passengers in the middle of the road or curbside as this will increase traffic congestion.